A Sandy Place Vision
• No one is free, until everyone is free, within and without.
How Vision Presents
• Supporting a world where all are free, within and without, recognizing all life forms, sentient beings at all stages of life, balancing mind, body and spirit for personal and global wellbeing.
A Sandy Place Purpose
• Helping others to grow and enrich their life experience.
• Supporting organizations to improve quality and culture.
How Purpose Presents
• Sharing holistic life enrichment practices with individuals and groups through various modalities, including workshops, teaching and training, consulting, experiences and publications, exploring holistic and self care methods.
• Supporting organizations in quality improvement, teambuilding's, improving communication, recognizing biases, inclusiveness, and-of-life experience, geriatric care, organizational change & work culture improvement.
A Sandy Place Mission
• Helping others forge life's fires.
• Helping organizations grow humanistic cultures and experience distinction.
How Mission Presents
• Supporting individuals in the pursuit of wellbeing, self-actualization, life enrichment and balance, social justice and equity using affirming, healing and holistic supports, publications, activities and services, enriching life engagement.
• Working to improve the work culture for those who work and serve there.
A Biography of
Sandra L. Place
Sandra Place has lived a life of rich experience and education. She holds a graduate certificate in Holistic Health and a master’s degree in Counseling Psychology, both attained at Western Michigan University. She has had a highly successful career in Healthcare Administration across the continuum of care and now consults and educates in this field. She has a special fondness for geriatric and end of life care. She is a published author and public speaker. She plays Celtic harp is a Certified Healthcare Musician specializing in End-of-Life Doula work. She has a continuous stream of creative projects including writing, gardening, art, and pursuits of the Spirit constantly percolating.
Healthcare Consultant & EducatorSandra Place consults with post-acute care organizations, Long Term Care Acute Hospitals, health care systems, and Skilled Nursing Facilities working on things like organizational change and culture of care, person directed care, behavioral health approaches for those giving and receiving care, creation of Ethics and Compliance teams, strategic planning, improvement of Quality and Process Improvement, trauma informed care, end-of-life and doula work and more. To arrange and information gathering meeting, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Michigan State UniversityEducator/Trainer for the Long-Term Care Administrator's Certification Program at the MSU Eli Broad College of Business Including modules on Emergency Planning, Behavioral and Dementia Care, Environmental of Care, Legal Issues, Panel Program presenting Trauma Informed Care, Management, Unnecessary Medications and Non-Pharmacological Intervention in care.
Service on Not-for-Profit BoardsPast service on Lakeland Health System Long Term Care Board, St. Joseph, MI and Berrien Springs, MI. Past service on the Jackson County Medical Care Facility Board, Jackson MI. Current service on the Henry Ford Health System, Jackson MI, Long Term Acute Care Hospital Board, and Hospice Boards. President of the Board of Trustees for internationa End of Life Doula Association.
Workshops and Public SpeakingPast presenter at these national and international conferences:
The Eden Alternative, International Conference The American Health Care Association Pioneer Network National Conference and numerous times for State Conferences:
Health Care Association of Michigan, Michigan Council of Medical Care Facilities, Ombudsman Best Practices training, Michigan Peer Review Organization, Michigan Activity Professionals, National Association of Nurse Administrators.
Licensure & CertificationMasters in Counseling Psychology
Graduate Certification in Holistic Health
Trained Culture Change Guide and Educator for the Eden Alternative, Inc.
Certified Healthcare Musician (level harp)
Trained End of Life Doula
Tai Chi for Health trained
Certified NLP practitioner
Reiki Master Teacher
Mindful Meditation Certification
Full CV Available Upon Request